This recipe is a must try for cake lovers. It looks beautiful once baked and the taste is absolutely divine. A great hit with adults and kids alike, this moist cake is soft and tender in the middle with a crunchy topping. Bursting with apple flavour, the apple crumble cake is truly a match made in heaven – apple with cinnamon!
Ingredients – for the crumble
Brown sugar – 6 tbsp
Flour – 8 tbsp
Butter – 6 tbsp
Walnuts – 1 cup; chopped
Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
Ingredients – for the cake
Flour – 3 cups
Baking powder – 2 tsp
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Butter – 1 cup; melted
Sugar – 1 ½ cup
Eggs – 4
Vanilla essence – 2 tsp
Apple – 4 cups; chopped finely
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
Ingredients – for the cinnamon cream
Cream – 200 ml
Sugar – 6 tbsp; ground
Cinnamon powder – 3 tsp
- Rub the lemon juice on the chopped apples so that they do not turn black. Keep aside.
- Grease an eight-inch baking dish and keep aside.
- Mix together all the ingredients of the crumble to give a crumbled look. Keep aside
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and sieve twice.
- Beat the butter and sugar till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the flour mixture one spoon at a time and fold well.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Mix in the chopped apples.
- Pour this mixture into the greased baking dish.
- Spread the crumble mixture on top.
- Bake for 45 min at 180 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients of the cinnamon cream to get a smooth pouring consistency. If it is too thick, add some milk.
- Keep the cinnamon cream in the fridge while the cake is being baked.
- Serve the cake warm with cold cinnamon cream
This recipe may look lengthy and difficult to make. But the end result and compliments from friends and family would be worth the effort put in. Do share with us your experience of making this dish in the comments section below.