When it comes to baking muffins, there are endless varieties and concoctions that one can experiment with. If one is looking for a moist, buttery and fluffy muffin that is loaded with fruits and chocolate, then look no further than a chocolate chip blueberry muffin. This recipe is a popular hit with both adults and children and can be served for breakfast, at tea time or even in between meals.
Salted butter – 85 gms; softened
Brown sugar – 3/4 cup
Whole wheat flour – 3/4 cup
All-purpose flour – 3/4 cup
Baking powder – 1½ tsp
Egg – 1 pc
Milk – ½ cup
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Chocolate chips – a handful
Blueberries – 350 gms; chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 180° C.
- Sift together the flours and baking powder in a small mixing bowl. Keep aside.
- Beat the softened butter and the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Break in the egg and fold in the milk and vanilla extract taking care that the mixture doesn’t curdle.
- Add the flour mix one spoon at a time and beat until all the flour is well combined to make a smooth cake batter. Take care to not over mix.
- Add the chocolate chips and chopped blueberries one spoon at a time and fold into the cake mix.
- Scoop the batter into non-stick muffin liners.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for about 10 minutes.
Blueberries and chocolate may see an unusual combination, but you will be surprised to see how well the two combine. These muffins can be made in advance and stored in an air tight tin for a week. Do share with us your experience of making this cake in the comments section below.