A beautiful variation of the classic banana bread. Nutty, wholesome, sweet and savoury, a healthy option for a morning tea treat that doesn’t lack flavour!
Bananas – 4 pcs; large and very ripe
Salted butter – 1/3 cup; molten
Eggs – 2
Raw tahini – 1/3 cup
Vanilla extract – 1½ tsp
Raw granulated sugar – 1/4 cup
Dark brown sugar – ½ cup
Whole wheat flour – 1½ cup
Salt – ½ tsp
Baking soda – 1 tsp
White sesame – 2 tsp
Black sesame – 2 tsp
Dark chocolate chunks – ½ cup
- Preheat the oven at 180 C/350 F.
- Grease a 9”x 5” loaf pan and keep aside.
- Melt the butter, set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mash the bananas to a purée like consistency.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, tahini, brown sugar and raw sugar. Whisk well to combine.
- Add the molten butter, stir well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt, half the sesame seeds and chocolate chunks. Stir well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and make sure to combine well, leaving no dry patches of flour. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and sprinkle the remaining sesame seeds generously on top.
- Bake at 180 C/350 F for 50-55 mins until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan before removing the baked delight.
You could store the tahini bread in an airtight container for two to three days at room temperature or refrigerate for up to five days. Do share with us your experience of baking this healthy bread in the comments section below.