The breast cut of a chicken is lean. It has the most protein by weight in comparison to other portions like the thighs, drumsticks or wings. It is ideal for individuals wanting to lose weight, maintain muscle mass or as an aid to muscle recovery. Eating it grilled makes it an all the more heathier option.
The following is an easy to make, delicious recipe for those looking to burn calories while remaining fit. It is best served with grilled vegetables to up the protein intake.
Chicken breasts – 500 gms; deboned
Cheese – 120 gms; grated
Button mushrooms – 100 gms; chopped and sauteed in a little olive oil
Black olives – 20gms; sliced
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Egg flakes – 1
Salt – to taste
Black pepper – 1 tsp
Chilli flakes – 1 tsp
Mustard – 1tsp
Garlic paste – 1tbsp
Parsley – 2 tsp; chopped
Potatoes – 200 gms; boiled and mashed with a little butter, cream, salt and pepper.
- Make deep pockets in the chicken breasts using a sharp knife.
- Mix the garlic, salt, pepper, mustard and chilli flakes and rub with fingers all over the chicken breasts. Let it rest for 30 mins.
- Make a mixture with the cheese, mushrooms and olives. Check seasoning.
- Add half an egg to help hold the mixture together.
- Stuff the chicken breasts well taking care to fill the corners.
- Grill the stuffed chicken breasts with olive oil in a non-stick pan
- Serve with mashed potatoes, grilled vegetables and a salad.
This recipe makes for a complete meal and is a great option for even fussy eaters. It works especially well for teenagers who are foodies, yet conscious of their physique. Do share with us your expereince of making these grilled chicken breasts in the comments below.