Winter is here! What better way to beat the cold than to indulge in a hot and wholesome bowl of soup? Loaded with nutritious vegetables and proteins, this soup is a complete meal in itself. It can be served on wintry evenings as well as for a Sunday brunch. This delicious soup comes particularly handy when cooking for fussy teenagers who are picky when it comes to vegetables.
Paneer whey – 400 ml
Potato – 1 pc; boiled
Paneer – 50 gms; cut in tiny cubes
Peas – 1/4th cup
Carrot – 1pcs; cut in rounds
Spinach leaves – a handful
Salt – to taste
Pepper – to taste
Sugar – 1 tsp
Vinegar – 1 tsp; add more for a tangier taste
Coriander – a small bunch; chopped
Spring onion – 3 stalks; finely chopped
Butter – 1 tsp
- Mash the boiled potato coarsely and keep aside.
- Boil the peas and crush. Keep aside.
- Sauté the paneer cubes till light brown in colour and keep aside.
- Boil the whey and add the potato, peas and carrot.
- Add the seasonings and paneer.
- Tear the spinach leaves with your hands and toss in.
- Add the vinegar, stir and remove from flame.
- Garnish with butter, coriander leaves and spring onions.
- Serve hot.
You could serve this soup with well toasted slices of garlic bread or bread rolls or even sandwiches. Do try this recipe this winter.