A hot pot is traditionally a soup consisting of a flavoured broth to which different vegetables and meats are added while the broth simmers. It may require a bit of pre-preparation but once it is cooked, it is the perfect comforting meal. Delicious in taste with a lingering aroma, this dish is ideal for a weekend indulgence.
Kidney beans – 1 cup; soak overnight
Mutton – 500 gms (boneless); cut into small cubes
Capsicum – 150 gms; cut into chunks
Tomatoes – 1 kg; cut into pieces
Corn – ½ cup
Butter – 2 tbsp
Ginger – 50 gms; finely chopped
Garlic – 50 gms; finely chopped
Onions – 150 gms; finely chopped
Pepper – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
- Boil the kidney beans carefully ensuring there is no breakage. Keep aside.
- Make a thick puree with 750 gms of tomatoes. Keep aside.
- Fry the onions, ginger and garlic in butter till light brown.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Add the mutton cubes and corn and pressure cook till done.
- Add the kidney beans and tomato puree and bring to a boil.
- Add the chopped capsicum and tomatoes and boil again.
Serve piping hot with a bowl of rice and watch your family and friends devour this wholesome meal on a cold winter night. Do share your experience of making this one pot meal in the comment box below.