A cool and tangy pie that will make for a sure shot hit at all tea time parties! Loved by kids and adults alike, this easy to make pie can be served with tea and snacks and also as a dessert.
Ingredients for the short crust pastry
Flour – 110 gms
Sugar – 40 gms
Butter – 50 gms
Water – few tbsp; chilled
Ingredients for the lemon filling
Eggs – 3 nos; beaten
Lemons – 3 pcs
Sugar – 110 gms
Butter – 60 gms
Double cream – 4 tbsp
- Mix the flour, sugar and butter. Rub together with your fingers till it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add just a little cold water to bring together and make a firm dough.
- Roll out on a flan tin.
- Press with your fingers so that the pastry is evenly set.
- Prick the pastry with a fork so that it doesn’t puff up.
- Bake blind for 20 mins at 180 degrees.
- Keep aside.
- Grate the peel of the lemons to get some rind. Then extract the juice.
- In a metal bowl, add the eggs, lemon juice, sugar, butter and lemon rind. Mix well.
- Put on a double boiler and cook till it forms a thick custard like consistency.
- Keep stirring to prevent lumps from forming.
- Remove from the fire and beat in the double cream.
- Pour the lemon filling into the prepared pie shell.
- Bake for 10 mins at 180 degrees.
- Cool and serve.
Compliments are bound to flow when you serve this refreshing lemony delight! Do share with us your experience of making this pie in the comments box below.