Rice and vegetables is a staple diet for most people across the world. To add a refreshing twist to what can be a very mundane meal, add some peanuts along with a combination of sauces. Loaded with nutrients, this platter not only looks inviting but is a complete meal in itself. You can easily serve this at a party and earn yourself some brownie points in the process!
Broccoli- ½ cup cut in small florets
Beans – 1/4th cup; diced
Carrots – 1/4th cup; diced
Mushrooms – 1/4th cup; chopped
Capsicum – 1/4th cup; diced
Bell peppers – yellow and red – 1/4th cup each; diced
Peanuts – 1/2 cup; roasted
Paneer – 1 cup; cubed
Soya sauce – ½ cup
Tomato sauce – 1/4th cup
Chilly sauce – 2 tbsps.
Rice – 2 cups; boiled and strained
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsps.
Oil – 4 tbsps.
Corn flour – 3 tbsps.
Lemon juice – 2 tbsps.
- Mix together the soya sauce, tomato sauce, chilly sauce, corn flour and lemon juice. Keep aside.
- Sauté the ginger garlic paste, add the paneer and cook till light brown. Keep aside.
- In the same frying pan add all the chopped vegetables and peanuts and cook on a high flame till crispy.
- Add the sauces and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the paneer and toss well.
- Arrange the rice in a flat dish.
- Spoon the vegetable mix in the centre.
- Serve hot.
Do share with us your experience of making this easy to make and delicious platter in the comments section below.