Cross Border Kitchens (CBK) is a multi-brand, multi-vertical food-tech company. It combines technology, culinary heritage and marketing excellence to develop and deploy food brands across multiple price points and cuisine types.
Serviced by its network of cloud kitchens, CBK distributes its brands not only online, but also through physical outlets, kiosks, carts, and via catering, quick service restaurants, and e-commerce portals.
The key highlights of the interview include:
- CBK runs ten food brands such as Biryani Central, Irfan Bhai, BroMomo, Aim Burger, and several more.
- They are a team of four co-founders from diverse backgrounds; each brings a unique skill set to the table.
- Their primary kitchen is located in South Delhi. The organisation follows a ‘hub and spoke model’ to allow decentralisation as they expand operations.
- They made sure to extend help to migrant workers during the exodus from the national capital region when lockdowns were announced.
- Mohit highlights that it is important to team with co-founders who can be implicitly trusted.