It is winter and what better way to indulge than gorge on something chocolatey! For all the chocolate lovers out there, here’s a lip smacking recipe that is sure to satiate the chocolate connoisseur in you.
For the pie case
Marie biscuits – 15 pcs; crushed
Butter – 50 gms
For the chocolate filling
Corn starch – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 1 cup
Milk – 2 and ½ cups
Vanilla extract – 1 and ½ tsp
Butter – 3 tbsp
Cocoa powder – ½ cup
- Mix the crushed biscuits and butter well and knead into a soft dough.
- Press evenly into a flan tin ensuring all edges are covered.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 5 mins at 170 degree.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Mix all the ingredients of the chocolate filling in a pan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly to ensure no lumps are formed.
- Cook till the mixture becomes a thick custard.
- Take off the fire and pour directly into the pie case.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts or berries on top.
- Set in the fridge for 4-5 hours.
This delicious and easy to make chocolate custard can be used to make many other puddings. A biscuit pudding can be made or it can even be used as filling in a truffle cake. Even better, it can be stored in a refrigerator for 5-6 days. Do share with us your experience of making this pie in the comments section below.