Fish with lemon sauce is a well-known exotic continental dish which has an impressive presentation and a heavenly taste. Add some garlic to the rich zesty sauce to elevate the taste of this mouth-watering dish which is sure to leave you and your guests craving for more.
- Basa fillet or any firm fish of your choice – 1
- Lemon – 1 pc – zest from the same lemon and few lemon slices
- Butter – 1 knob; molten
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 1 clove; grated
- Fresh coriander or parsley – 1 tbsp; chopped
- Green onion – 1; chopped
- Sea salt – to taste
- Fresh pepper powder – to taste
- Chili flakes – 1 tbsp
- Pat the fish fillet with paper towel to ensure it is dry and doesn’t have any moisture.
- Season with sea salt and pepper on both sides and keep it aside.
- Combine the butter, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, grated garlic, chopped coriander/parsley, chopped green onion, chili flakes and give it a mix.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Coat the fish in the lemon garlic sauce on one side and place that side on the baking dish.
- Add the remaining sauce on top, ensuring the fish is well coated. Garnish with a few lemon slices as shown in the picture.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until it is cooked. You can even broil it for a minute or two to get a nice color on top. Spoon over the sauce from the sides.
This show stopper of a meal needs hardly any sophisticated culinary knowledge and guarantees fantastic results every time. Serve hot with grilled veggies, mashed potatoes or steamed buns to make it into a complete meal of your choice. Do share with us your experience in the comment box below, when making this flavoursome delight.