A go to dish for all ages and all seasons, here is a chicken roast recipe that never fails. Juicy and delicious this can be a complete meal and can be served with varied accompaniments – herb rice, garlic bread, boiled vegetables and even a cold salad.
Chicken breasts – 4 nos
Garlic paste – 1
Soya sauce – 1 ½ tbsps
White vinegar – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Pepper – to taste
Small whole onions – 4 pcs; skinned
Baby potatoes – 4 pcs; peeled and pricked
Cooking oil – 1 tbsp.
Onion – 1 pc; grated
Cinnamon – ½ inch
Black cardamom – 1pcs
- Prepare the marinade by mixing the soya sauce, garlic paste, white vinegar, grated onions, salt and pepper.
- Make deep gashes on the chicken breasts. Put in the marinade and mix well. Keep aside for two hours.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cinnamon and cardamom. Let it splutter.
- Add the marinated chicken and toss well.
- Add the baby onions and potatoes and sauté on medium flame till golden brown in colour.
- Add some water and cook till done.
- Serve hot with accompaniments of your choice.
This chicken dish can be served for brunch, lunch or even a dinner. What makes this recipe an all-time favourite is the fact that it can be teamed with various side dishes. Do share with us your experience of making this chicken roast in the comments below.