A perfect crisp crackly top studded with melted chunks of chocolate, this easy to bake recipe for chocolate brownies is a perfect mid-week dessert. What makes it extra special is the flavour of peanut butter.
Milk chocolate – 320 gms; chopped
Butter – 6 tbsp
Sugar – ¾ cup
Vanilla extract – 1 tbsp
Eggs – 3 pcs
Cocoa powder – ¼ cup
Corn starch – one third of a cup
Salt – ½ tsp
Peanut butter – ½ cup; melted
Chocolate chips – ½ cup
- Preheat oven at 180C.
- Grease an 8-inch baking pan. Keep aside.
- Sift the cocoa powder, corn starch and salt. Keep aside.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the chocolate.
- Stir till the chocolate is melted. Remove from heat.
- Mix in the eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Fold in the cocoa powder mix and stir till it has a smooth
- Add in the chopped milk chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Pour the peanut butter on top and create swirls with a skewer or tooth pick.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 180C for 35 mins.
Let the cake cool completely before cutting into broad squares. The brownies can be kept in an airtight container for up to five days. Before serving warm a little in a microwave oven. Do share with us your experience of baking this delicious brownie in the comments box below.
Recipe: Gurbani Bakes and Chef Charmy’s Foodhouse. They are open to taking orders.