A cheesecake is basically a sweet dessert consisting of one or more layers – a crust like base, with a thick, soft, creamy layer of cheese and a topping as per choice; whipped cream, fruits, chocolate syrup and such. Cheesecakes can be of many different fruit flavours. These days blueberries are the most sought after flavour be it in cheesecakes, puddings or even cakes. The blueberry cheesecake is thought to have originated in Greece; it was used to feed the athletes in the Olympic Games.
Marie biscuits – 15 pcs; crushed
Butter – 50 gms; softened
Cream cheese – 150 gms
Double cream – 250 gms
Blueberry concentrate – 7 tbsp
Blueberries – ¼ cup
Gelatine – 1 tbsp; dissolved in ¾ tbsp of water
- Mix the biscuit crumbs with the butter using fingertips to form a soft dough.
- Press the dough into an 8-inch flan case.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Take out, leave to cool and keep aside.
- Put the cream cheese in a mixing bowl and whip well till it forms soft peaks.
- Add the double cream and whip together to form soft peaks.
- Add 5 tbsp of the blueberry concentrate and mix well.
- Add the gelatine mix to the cream cheese mixture and combine well
- Pore over the biscuit base.
- Garnish with the left-over blueberry concentrate and blueberries.
- Put in the fridge to set for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve chilled
Be ready to receive a lot of compliments for this delicious, yet easy to make cheesecake. Do share your experience of making it in the comments box below the article.